2017 Loiusville Slugger Solo 617 BBCOR Baseball Bat
Extreme Performance & Value
Gain the added performance at the same price as retail. Our bats are ready to dominate the plate today. Ordering 2 or more bats? Use code "TEAMBONUS" for additional savings.
Never before seen and new for 2017! The Solo 617 is Louisville Slugger's newest edition to the BBCOR lineup. If this bat doesn't get you excited, we don't know what will. Constructed with the brand new SL Hyper alloy, this one-piece construction delivers a stiff feel for maximum energy transfer on contact with a ball. Where this design differs from the Omaha 517 is at the end. Slugger has invented the Speed Ballistic Composite (SBC) end cap for the absolute lowest MOI and quickest swing speed in their BBCOR line. This end cap reduces excess weight towards the end of the barrel to produce the most balanced baseball bat Louisville Slugger has ever created. More control, more accuracy, and more power are all as a result of the exceptional balance the Solo 617 has to offer. To top it all off, Louisville Slugger has created a customized Lizard Skin premium performance grip that comes attached to the 31/32 inch tapered handle for extreme comfort and diminished vibration. Louisville Slugger: Own The Plate!
This 2017 Louisville Slugger Solo 617 BBCOR Baseball Bat: BBSO6173 features a -3 length to weight ratio, a 2 5/8 inch barrel diameter, and the BBCOR certification making it legal for play at the high school and collegiate level. Additionally, Slugger is backing this design with a full twelve (12) month manufacturer's warranty. Make sure you step up to the plate with confidence and buy this Louisville Slugger Solo 617 with free shipping!
- -3 Length to Weight Ratio
- 2 5/8 Inch Barrel Diameter
- 31/32 Inch Tapered Handle
- Balanced Swing Weight
- BBCOR Certified - Approved for High School & Collegiate Play
- Custom Lizard Skin Grip - Enhanced Comfort With Decreased Vibration
- Exceptional Durability
- Full Twelve (12) Month Manufacturer's Warranty
- Lowest MOI & Fastest Swing Speed In Louisville Slugger BBCOR Line
- NEW SL Hyper Alloy - Offers A Stiffer Feel & Max Energy Transfer On Contact
- NEW Speed Ballistic Composite (SBC) End Cap
- One-Piece, Alloy Construction
We are currently averaging 3 business days from the time of order but some orders may experience as much as 7 business days. Our shaved bats for example may take additional time to process. All orders go out using 2-Day Priority shipping with tracking details sent to the customers email.
We honor manufacturer warranties on all heat rolled and stock bats that we sell. Any bat damaged and still within the manufacturers set time-frame can be sent back to us to file a replacement with the manufacturer. All shaved bats are not eligible for the warranty but we do offer a 30-day no-break guarantee.
Our bats are guaranteed to be free from defects caused by our altering service. If there are any visual markings, a customer can send it back in for replacement. The only way to detect our altered bats is with a compression testing system which are usually only used in major tournaments.
Bat Rolling Information
Let's unleash a bat's full potential. Our normal heat rolling treatment simulates around 350-400 hits. Our other choice is a basic heat rolling (200-300 hits). Heating the bat allows us to create a much more uniformed break-in and is overall less aggressive on the bats durability. Our professional-grade machines and unique process treat each bat between 45 minutes to 90 minutes at very slow incremental speeds. Our heat rolling process is one-of-a-kind with three different machines designs for different bat models, it has been perfected over the years and assures quality you can see & feel instantly.
- Basic Heat Rolling - (Increases performance 10% with ball exit speed ratio, expect a minimal durability loss)
- Normal Heat Rolling - (Increases performance up to 25% on composites with increases ball exit speed ratio)
Bat Shaving Information
If you are looking for ultimate performance, you have just found it. We have customized methods for each bat model to alter barrel thickness and maximize the ball exit speed ratio. Our shaved bats are designed and played with by the very best home run derby players in the world. We have worked with players for over a decade, and they come to us for unmatched quality and consistency. We have narrowed down to 4 shaving options:
- Shaved & Rolled (Shave 1oz - Balanced) - Will retain the manufacturer weight with good durability
- Shaved & Rolled (Shave 1oz - Endloaded) - Will retain manufacturer weight with an added endload
- Shaved & Rolled (Shave 2oz - Balanced) - Will retain or lower the manufacturer weight of .5oz
- Shaved & Rolled (Shave 2oz - Endloaded) - Will retain manufacturer weight with maximum endload
Our 1oz shaved bats are designed to get a major performance upgrade while retaining excellent durability. We designed this package for those to get the best of both worlds: performance & durability. Our 2oz bat options are specifically designed for home run derby hitters, if you want the very best performance this option is for you.